Various No Deposit Bonus Terms and Conditions Explained
Today, the world of online gambling is crowded with hundreds of thousands if not more of betting websites; simply because it's a very lucrative industry. In such a competitive world, it's only natural for the players to come up with clever ways to try and get more customers on board while retaining the existing ones. As such, game sites offer attractive awards, with the most common being free bonuses.
Note that these come with varying rules which is why players need to understand the stipulated terms when redeeming an offer. The vernacular of these particular promos varies from one operator to another - while some no deposit terms are fair and straightforward, it almost seems like you have to hire a lawyer to clarify others.
What's No Deposit Bonus?
This is a casino offer that is awarded without the need for depositing anything. It's made available for both new and existing players and allows you to win real cash. Usually, it's presented in various forms namely; free spins, free play/timed promotion, and bonus cash/credits. A free award is always tied to certain conditions that must be met before you're able to withdraw any winnings.
Free Casino Bonus Terms and Conditions
Put simply, no deposit terms contain various provisions telling you how the promotion should be used for profit maximization. Keep in mind, these awards will have varying lucrative levels for the gamer. While some are meant to make a player's deposit last longer, others actually let you play at a slight advantage, which is very useful.
- Wagering Requirements: Also known as playthrough requirements, these describe the number of times one is required to wager the bonus amount or winnings before they can be allowed to make a withdrawal request. For example, if you're given $20 free cash with wagering of (35x), it means you must bet the bonus amount a total of $700.
- Game Eligibility: Different bonuses will be claimed to take part in different games. For instance, free spins can only be used on slots, while free play and free cash can be claimed to play different game types.
- Expiration: Gaming platforms won't give you an eternity to redeem the bonuses. However, no deposit terms that are deemed to be fair will require gamers to claim a promo and complete the rollover requirements within 30 to 180 days.
Unfair No Deposit Terms
Gambling establishments are required to impose various rules by the law for several reasons such as money laundering and other criminal activities. Nevertheless, they do have some conditions that aren't required by the law that could be termed as unfair, also referred to as hidden/predatory rules.
- Reasonable Vs Unreasonable Rollover: While operators are legally needed to implement wagering conditions on their free promos, imposing unachievable playthroughs is pretty unfair. The wagering of 60 times or more ruthlessly reduces the chances of players getting paid.
- Game Restrictions: Each game title contributions differently toward meeting the rollover. Some casinos entirely restrict specific titles from contributing anything to playthrough. Titles that are restricted often feature the highest Return to Player rates (RTP). This also means you might be forced to play games you know nothing about for a small sum.
- Minimum and Maximum Withdrawals: Most sites will not process cashouts unless you have a balance of at least $10. Assuming you've got $5 left from your offer, you will have to keep playing until you attain the minimum withdrawal limit. Also, winnings from free offers will be capped at $200 - this tells you that you can only win so much from the deals.
- Required Deposit: This is another hidden rule in no deposit terms and conditions. Sometimes, a gaming website needs you to deposit a certain amount to withdraw your winnings. They do this so that you can pick a banking method to try and make you feel comfortable playing for real money on their site.